We are making some improvements to streamline how we invoice you for the products and services you are subscribed to. Please review our list of questions to help outline the changes.
Why did I receive an invoice for only a few dollars on March 29th?
- On March 29th a change was made to move all invoice dates to the first of the month to simplify billing for our customers. This resulted in a smaller than-normal extra invoice for the time between March 29th and April 1st for most customer subscriptions in order to match up to the new billed date. This was immediately charged to your method of payment on file.
Where should I expect to see my credit for unused time?
A credit for time remaining on subscriptions before April 1st will be applied to your invoices on April 1st. In most cases, this credit will be applied to their next base subscription invoice. However, because this credit is attached at the customer and not subscription level, in some instances for customers with multiple invoices, this credit will be applied to a different invoice/subscription. As an example, the credit for the base subscription may show up on a customers telehealth invoice.
IMPORTANT: All credit for remaining time on subscriptions before the 29th is being returned to the customer on future invoices. Any remaining credits will be applied to future invoices on April 1st.
What exactly is changing in the invoice process?
- Invoices will now be generated on the 1st of the month.
- All license-based services, such as your subscription to your Therapy Brands platform, are billed in advance, meaning you will pay for your upcoming month’s usage on the 1st of each month.
- Usage-based services and increases to license-based services are billed in arrears. As an example, anything we need to track and calculate usage for in April will be billed on the May 1st invoice. Examples include but are not limited to revenue cycle management services, claims sent, and appointment reminders.
- One-time items, such as training or customizations, will be billed on the next invoice.
- When you add new licenses to a service subscription, a prorated charge will be applied to the next month’s invoice to match the number of days the license(s) could be used during the month.
- Annual plans that wish to downgrade to monthly plans can do so, but the change will not take effect until the next renewal date.
When will these changes go into effect?
- As of April 1st, 2023, the new billing data and parameters will go into effect. If you are on a monthly plan, your invoice will be generated on April 1st.
What if my March invoice and payment were supposed to cover a part of April?
- Your April 1st invoice should be a partial bill and should only cover the cost for the unpaid part of April. For example, if your March invoice was billed on March 16th and was to cover up to and through April 15th, then your April 1st bill will only charge you for April 16th to April 31st. Then, on May 1st, and every month after, you will receive your entire monthly bill on the first of the month.
Will my invoice look different?
- The overall look and layout of the invoice will remain the same. But given the changes mentioned above about adding or removing licenses during a pay period, you will notice some differences in what appears on individual invoice line items.
What if I remove and add licenses multiple times in a pay period? What will I see on my invoice?
- You will only see the addition of licenses. One invoice line item will show your new total number of licenses and total cost. The next line item will show the previous total number of licenses and total cost. The difference is the additional, prorated cost for the license(s) you added.
Example: a change from 112 licenses to 113 licenses equates to a prorated charge of $40.04.
What if I start a new subscription in the middle of the month?
- Just like adding a new license, your new subscription will be prorated for the number of days left in the service period (i.e., days left in the month). You will receive the invoice and charge immediately for subscriptions to new services. Then the charges associated to the subscription will fall into the recurring invoice on the 1st of the month.
What happens if I miss a payment?
- Non-payment may lead to an account suspension. Once valid payment information and the payment itself are provided, any account suspensions will be removed.
How will I be charged if I’m set up with an ACH or credit card payment?
You will receive one invoice and your account or credit card will be automatically charged. Reminder, this charge will shift to the 1st of the month.
- Remember, subscribing to new services or features in the middle of a payment period will generate a separate invoice to kick off the subscriptions. Then the charges associated with the subscription will fall into the recurring invoice on the 1st of the month.
Can I pay with a check?
- If you are a school or government-backed organization, you can inquire about paying via check. Otherwise, a credit card or electronic payment method is required.
If I reduce the number of licenses during a pay period, will I receive a prorated credit?
- A user's license and access will be valid for the entirety of the service period (i.e., for the month). Removing licenses mid-month will not generate a prorated credit on your next invoice.
- Please make sure to cancel any licenses that will no longer be used prior to the next invoice (the 1st of the next month).
What if I’m on an annual payment plan for my platform? How will I be affected?
- You will remain on an annual payment plan. This means you will continue to receive your invoice and account charge once a year on your renewal date.
Keep in mind:
- You might have other subscriptions that are already billed monthly subscriptions, which will be affected by the aforementioned changes.
- And if you wish to downgrade to a monthly payment plan, you can do so, but the change will not take effect until the next renewal date.
What if I add additional licenses or subscriptions during my annual plan?
- If you add additional licenses or subscribe to a new service in the middle of your annual plan, the licenses or new subscriptions will be invoiced immediately or shortly following.