Permissions You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
After you Subscribe to My Clients Plus Assisted Claims (this must be done first) you can Enroll with your Payers in Apex. (This is for Type 1 Enrollment, click here if you need Type 2.) Before you begin:
- Check the NPEES NPI Registry to ensure you are entering the correct NPI and Provider Information.
- Gather all information needed for the Enrollment Process.
- Check if your Payers require Enrollment
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the proper instructions below then you can expect an impact in the payment of your Claims.
Also, we recommend you add your payers to My Clients Plus before enrollment. Follow the steps in this article to add your payers to My Clients Plus.
Enroll with My Clients Plus Assisted Claims
This is a one time process, and it may have already been done. If not, before you enroll your Providers, be sure to Enroll with Assisted Claims and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Claims Service in side menu.
- Click Request Electronic Claim Service and Agree to Terms and Conditions.
Type 1 NPI Apex Enrollment
You will need to repeat this process for each Rendering Provider credentialed as a Type 1 (NPI).
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the proper instructions below then you can expect an impact in the payment of your claims.
- Scroll down and select Individual (Type 1 NPI).
- Select the Provider from dropdown.
- Select No if this is the first time you are filling out this Enrollment for FOR THIS PROVIDER.
- Select Yes if you are filling out this Enrollment for again for a Provider who initially had an error. Learn more about failed enrollments.
- Click Next.
- Enter Contact Information and Billing Address for the primary contact for this enrollment and click Next.
IMPORTANT: Fax Number is required. If you do not have one, you can enter your Business Number instead.
- This contact will receive the confirmation email from Apex, enrollment status updates from My Clients Plus, and if applicable, additional emails with forms from Madaket.
- Enter Practice (Billing) Information for the Rendering Provider. Click Next.
- Select Claims Enrollment (also known as the EDI Enrollment Page).
- Select the Payers you are currently credentialed for. These are Payers that require EDI Enrollment.
- Select No if you're not credentialed with or do not currently submit to these Payers.
- Select State where you Billing Location is located. Click Next.
- Select Yes or No to indicate if you submit to any of the State Payers listed. Click Next.
- If Yes, you will need to enter your PTAN Number for Medicare and your Provider ID Number for Medicaid.
- Verify Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) Enrollment screen.
- ERA Enrollments will pull in all Payers that are currently listed in your My Clients Plus account under Billing > Insurers.
- Remove any Payers listed that you do NOT want to receive ERAs from.
- You may receive an email from Madaket with additional forms for each Payer listed here.
- Click Submit. Repeat process for each Rendering Provider credentialed as Type 1.
Did My Enrollment Go Through?
If your Enrollment Representative has contacted you within seven business days, reach out to the support team.