Permissions You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
If you previously submitted Claims to another Clearinghouse and you SWITCH to Apex, you will need to switch your Payers in My Clients Plus to Apex. If you do not have a Clearinghouse yet, click here.
Before you Switch Payer to Apex, figure out if the Payer Requires Enrollment.
- If the Payer requires EDI Enrollment, STOP RIGHT HERE! Go complete Enrollment. Once your Enrollment has been approved THEN you can change the Payer to Apex.
- If the Payer does not require EDI Enrollment, you can switch the Payer to Apex right away.
- Option 1: Remove the clearinghouse feature from My Clients Plus. When you do this, you will no longer have the Claims tab under Billing and any claims currently displayed on that tab will no longer be viewable. Please contact support and we will remove your current clearinghouse connection for you. Be sure to download the CSV files from this tab before completing this process.
- Option 2: Switch to Apex but do not send claims. When you do this, the Claims tab and existing claim information will be available, but you will not send claims through My Clients Plus. You will be connected to Apex and see a new tab in the Claims tab. You will only be charged when a claim is sent.
- Option 3: Switch to Apex and send claims. There is a nominal fee for this service.
Options 2 & 3 can be done manually at your convenience. Please follow these steps:
- Click Organization and Claims service in the side navigation.
- Click the Claims Service tab
- Scroll down and click Request Electronic Insurance Cliams Service.
Switch Payers - Apex Payer ID
To switch Payers, you will want to find the Apex Payer ID. This ID may be different than the Payer ID from your previous Clearinghouse. Find the Apex Payer ID. You will use this ID in step 5.
IMPORTANT: Only switch Payer to Apex if they don't require EDI Enrollment, or you have complete the EDI Enrollment and been approved.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Insurers in side menu.
- Locate Payer and click Edit.
- Select Apex from the Clearinghouse dropdown.
- Enter updated Apex Payer ID.
- Click Save.
Once you have switched the Payer to Apex, you can submit Claims to the Payer through My Clients Plus Assisted Claims.