Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
By default, the Invoice will be billed under the Organization NPI. You can switch this and instead set an Assigned Billing Provider on an Invoice. Once changed, this will be the default billing Provider for the Client going forward on each new Invoice you create. You only have to do this setup once per Client.
NOTE: New invoice creation is only available with a My Clients Plus subscription.
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger in side menu and click appropriate tab to locate Invoice.
- Click Select an Action for desired Invoice.
- Click View Details.
- Select Bill with selected Staff NPI checkbox in the Insurance and Billing section.
- Select specific Staff Member under the Billing Provider drop down.
- Click Save button.
NOTE: Therapists who will be the rendering provider for a client will be assigned an AMA CPT® license to ensure compliance with the AMA CPT® Code copyright.
If the rendering provider chosen has not been assigned an AMA CPT® license, the following will be displayed when you Save the invoice:
If this occurs, see Assign AMA CPT® License to Staff.