Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
An Invoice must be created in order for a Client to pay for their Appointment or for you to bill to Insurance. Creating an Invoice is how you bill for an Appointment.
To correctly bill in My Clients Plus, ensure you are creating Invoices for EACH Appointment. You can create Invoices from 3 places in My Clients Plus, the Agenda, and the Client Ledger. After an Invoice is created you can accept/apply a payment.
NOTE: New invoice creation is only available with a My Clients Plus subscription.
AMA CPT® Licenses
Practice management and EHR organizations are now legally required to collect annual licensing fees for Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes on behalf of the American Medical Association (AMA). To comply with this requirement, staff members that need to be added as a Rendering Provider on invoices in TheraNest will need to have a paid CPT license for the current year. Each staff member’s CPT license lasts for one year and will automatically renew each January 1 if the staff member is active and has not had their CPT® Code Access turned off in staff details. For more information, review CPT® Codes & American Medical Association Fees FAQ.
To view the AMA CPT® Codes End User Agreement Terms, click here. For more information on the AMA CPT® code licensing fees, click here.
From the Agenda
This is the My Clients Plus recommended workflow as creating from the Agenda attaches the Invoice automatically to the correct Appointment.
- Click Add Invoice button for appropriate Appointment on the Agenda.
- The Invoice is automatically created and pulls in the Date of Service and all Service Types from the Appointment. No further action is needed.
From a Client's Ledger
If you create an Invoice from the Client's Ledger be sure that you attach the Invoice to the appropriate Appointment.
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger from side navigation.
- Click New Invoice button.
- Select Filter Range, Recent 30 Days, All Past, or All. Any Appointment that falls with in set filter range will display.
IMPORTANT: If you do not see your Date of Service, adjust your filters FIRST. Do not click "Add an Invoice Item" until you are sure that the Date of Service truly does not exist.
- Click the X to remove any Dates of Service you don't want to include in this Invoice.
- Click Save once you have added/removed appropriate items from the Invoice.