Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
You can add a Client Credit by adding an unapplied payment. A payment number will be automatically created/assigned when you save the payment information. Adding this credit creates a positive balance on the Client's Ledger that you now will need to apply that unapplied payment to the appropriate invoice.
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger in side menu and click appropriate tab to locate Invoice.
- Click Accept Payment button.
- Ensure that Client Payment is selected.
- Enter Total Payment Amount, Payment Method, Payment Date & Payment Notes (optional).
NOTE: A message displays to tell you payment has been accepted, but hasn't been applied to an Invoice. You can apply it to an Invoice if you want.
- Click Save button.
You can either apply that credit (unapplied payment) to an Invoice, or you can leave it as a positive unapplied payment to apply to a future Invoice.